- Monday, 15 December 2014 00:00
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection in Worcester, Massachusetts is seeking an Environmental Analyst II. Under the supervision of an employee of higher grade, the EA II will assist in the implementation of the MA Drinking Water Regulations and the Safe Drinking Water Act with emphasis in the following areas:
• Reviewing and evaluating water quality monitoring data.
• Providing technical assistance to public water systems.
• Evaluating the technical, managerial and financial operations of public water supplies.
• Conducting Sanitary Surveys or other inspections of public water systems and Comprehensive Compliance Evaluations of public water systems.
• Reviewing and evaluating plans and specifications for drinking water related construction projects.
• Reviewing and evaluating drinking water related chemical addition systems and other treatment systems.
• Drafting inspection reports and technical review letters.
• Conducting inspections of drinking water related construction projects.
• Reviewing and evaluating technical aspects of drinking water permit applications.
• Reviewing and translating technical report results into permit conditions.
• Implementing new MassDEP Drinking Water Program, Regional and Federal Initiatives.
• Implementing MassDEP’s Enforcement Response Guidance as appropriate.
• Maintaining MassDEP’s database systems as appropriate.
• Application of drinking water requirements to situations at Public Water Systems to determine compliance and to recommend actions.
In addition, under supervision of an employee of higher grade, the EA II may also be assigned duties within the Massachusetts Water Management Act and Wetlands Protection Program to assist with permitting, compliance, and enforcement. For more information, click here. Posting No. J45465. Apply by December 19, 2014.