by Leah Stetson, Association of State Wetland Managers, June 2007

A consultant can help the landowner meet the requirements of Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and/or similar state, local or tribal programs. If stumped on how to figure out who would be the best candidates with whom you might work on a wetlands permit application, use this guide to develop a list of questions to ask your local regulatory agency or town office before hiring a consultant. Questions include: "Does this consultant turn in complete permit applications the first time?" and "Is this consultant experienced with this particular agency?"

The full document is available in PDF and may be viewed and/or downloaded by clicking HERE.